Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Mickey Washer Necklaces


What you need:

2 different size washers
leather cord
paint
wire or some sort of rope
(I bought the rolls of rope at the dollar tree-they come in packs of 4)

Directions:

  • 1st, I painted the washers black
  • Next, I used the two smaller washers and wrapped colored wire/rope around and around until I got it tight enough it wouldn't move.  Glue the end at the back of the washer. (Repeat on other side to form the ears)
  • Next I cut the desired amount of leather cord needed for your necklace.  
  • Now, put both ends through the center circle of the washer.  Before  the bottom of the leather strap goes through the washer, loop the two ends around the washer between of the two ears and run it through the leather cord opening and pull up to tighten.  This will form the knot shown above to secure it to the washers.
  • Tie the two loose ends in a knot to wear it around your neck. 
If you have any questions or find my directions confusing message me here.  Get creative and add bows, jewels, or like I did shown above to make it look like a pirate.

No comments:

Post a Comment