Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

DIY Mickey Mouse Ears

Here are some of the ears I did on our last trip to Disney World.  



This is the pattern I used to create the ears.  Print on a standard size piece of paper.

 

  • I cut out the pattern and traced it onto cardboard.  
  • I took a fabric marker and traced it around my cloth.  (Leave about 1/2 inch around the outer sides so you will have room to glue to the ear to make them.  
  • I glued the ends of the fabric to the cardboard along the edges to tighten it around the cardboard.
  • Then I placed the middle of it under the headband and folded down the ears to line up the tops of both ears.
  • Lastly I glued (or you can sew the ear ends together with a thick needle) to secure them together.

Here is a pattern to use if you want to set the ears together and cut out the cardboard to slide inside the ears.  https://dixiedelightsonline.com/2014/09/diy-custom-minnie-mouse-ears.html

You can also buy the styrofoam flat round circles that look like disks like these   Disk, 6" dia and cut out off the bottom piece and hot glue cloth around it and secure the loose ends at the bottom of it.  Then glue it to the headband, but I didn't want ours to get squished in the suitcase.  Here is a link to show where you will cut the styrofoam.  https://pinkcakeplate.com/diy-sequin-minnie-mouse-ears/9/




No comments:

Post a Comment